With Winter Storm Uri leaving millions of Texans without power or water last week, North Texas-based Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) has pledged $1 million in relief for storm victims. The aid will serve both customers and a variety of Texas-based non-profit organizations.
“We take our role as community leaders seriously, so when winter storms affected millions right in our backyard, our top priority became helping Texas get back on its feet after this ordeal,” said Sean Suggs, group vice president of Social Innovation, TMNA.
“Texans have supported our company in myriad ways, and we want to help our neighbors emerge from this storm stronger than ever,” he added.
The $1 million relief effort includes donations to the following locations:
North Texas/DFW Metroplex
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, in support of North Texas Cares and West Dallas nonprofits to quickly distribute funds to grassroots organizations: $450,000
- North Texas Food Bank: $100,000
- The Family Place and Genesis Women’s Shelter to fund hotel rooms, food, and transportation for their clients: $30,000
- Toyota employees will be able to support the needs of four North Texas community partners significantly impacted by the storms by purchasing items from their Amazon Wish Lists.
- SAWS Community Pipe Repair Fund, through the San Antonio Area Foundation, to assist individuals and families stay in their homes safely with funds for plumbing repairs: $100,000
- Let’s Help SA Fund to provide food, water and shelter: $200,000
- United Way of Greater Houston to support the Greater Houston 2021 Winter Storm Relief Fund that supports local home repairs: $50,000
- Houston Food Bank: $50,000
- CrowdSource Rescue to provide food, water and fuel: $20,000
Toyota offers support to all U.S.-based employees with their personal recovery efforts from unexpected catastrophic events. Additionally, Toyota will match up to $10,000 in individual employee contributions to nonprofit organizations recovering from the storm.
Toyota Financial Services (TFS) announced it is offering payment relief options to customers affected by the storms. This broad outreach includes any TFS or Lexus Financial Services customer in the designated disaster areas. Impacted lease and finance customers residing in affected areas may be eligible to take advantage of several payment relief options, some of which include:
- extensions and lease deferred payments
- redirecting billing statements
- arranging phone or online payments